Participate in the New Project Myth Breaker
Voters, unite to inform election officials, legislators, and the media.
Join with other activists throughout the nation to hand-deliver copies of this eye-opening information to your county and state decision-makers.
Help distribute "Myth Breakers," second edition, to ALL local election officials in the country.
To be part of this nation-wide education campaign:
6) Hand deliver Myth Breakers to the election officials in the counties you signed up for. Tell them, "I'm with VotersUnite.org, a non-partisan group of citizens concerned about electronic voting. We want you to have the information you need to make wise decisions about our election systems, and we're delivering copies of "Myth Breakers" to every local election official in the country." You could also use a cover letter, such as this sample from West Virginia Citizens for HAVA.
Check the status of the counties in your state.
2) Sign up for the counties where you will deliver Myth Breakers. You'll receive an email with a link you can use to let us know when you have delivered it.
3) Download this Myth Breakers file (848Kb, 12/08/05) and print it. Then copy it double-sided to deliver.
If you don't have Acrobat Reader,
which is required to view these files,
you can download it for free.
Click this icon.
Give them the real scoop about:
- HAVA misunderstandings
- examples of 2004 e-election disasters
- the truth about our testing processes
- price comparisons of voting systems
- hidden costs of DRE voting machines
- (paperless Direct Record Electronic)
- election complexities added by DREs
- increased human error with DREs
- other HAVA-compliant voting systems
- and more ...
4) Make a VotersUnite! T-shirt to wear (optional).
5) Look up your county official's contact information on your state's election web site. If you can't find it on the web, you can call your state election office to find out.
7) Use the link in our email (step 2) to let us know when it's delivered.
Email us if you want to manage the project in your state or are willing to help mail copies that can't be hand-delivered.
Help get the word out by posting this message about the project on blogs and sending it out to your emailing list.
VotersUnite! has no funding. So, we need you and/or your group to bear the cost of making and distributing (possibly mailing) the copies within your state. However, we have Excel files with the contact information for each of the county officials in nearly every state, and we can provide the information to you in whatever format would be helpful: mailing labels, Excel, Word, etc.
Democracy is not something you believe in
or a place to hang your hat,
but it's something you do.
If you stop doing it, democracy crumbles.
~ Abbie Hoffman
2004 to 2009
VotersUnite News Exclusives